We’re thrilled to announce the release of our Second Factor Authentication feature – 2Auth! With 2Auth, we are taking a significant step forward in enhancing the security of our users’ online experience.
What is 2Auth?
2Auth is a security feature on Lookafter Virtual Office (VO) platform that adds an additional layer of protection to your VO accounts. As part of this feature, a unique One-Time Password (OTP) is sent directly to your registered email address (2Auth Email) during the login process, serving as the second factor for authentication. This dynamic OTP, accessible only to you, adds a formidable barrier against unauthorized access, ensuring that your accounts remain secure.
Benefits of Enabling 2Auth
Increased Account Security
2Auth adds an extra layer of protection beyond your password, making it significantly more challenging for unauthourized individuals to access your accounts. Even if someone knows your password, they won’t be able to log in without the OTP.
Protection Against Password Theft
In the event that your password is compromised, 2Auth acts as a safeguard. Attackers won’t be able to access your accounts without the OTP, which is typically something only accessible to you.
Securing Sensitive Information
With 2Auth, it is more difficult for attackers to gain access to critical email accounts, reducing the risk of data breaches and ensuring that only authourized personnel can access sensitive business information.
How 2Auth Works
- When you log in, you’ll enter your email address and password as usual.
- 2Auth will then send an OTP to your 2Auth Email. Check the email to obtain the OTP.
- Enter the OTP into the given field at the login page.
- Access to your account will be granted if the OTP is entered correctly.
How to Get Started
- Login to to your account.
- Navigate to Profile > 2Auth.
- Tick the “Enable Second Factor Authentication” checkbox.
- Enter an email address that will act as your 2Auth Email.
- Click Update, and 2Auth is enabled for your account.
For a detailed step-by-step guide, please refer to: 2Auth Second Factor Authentication User Guide